Your Pain Is Our Priority!
Every procedure at Summit Institute is an out-patient procedure; meaning, you’ll be able to go home that day! Many of the treatments we perform show instant results, and are able to help our patients reclaim their lives. Call us at (800) 285-3755 for a consultation.
Pain Treatments & Procedures
As a patient, you can expect a friendly and caring staff who will develop an individualized treatment plan that is compassionate and comprehensive. Our doctors will include you in each step of the decision-making process to bring you the latest and safest evidence-based treatment options for acute and chronic pain management.
Whether you have neck pain, back pain, fibromyalgia, or knee pain (click here for more pain conditions we treat), our doctors assess your pain and then identify which treatment procedure(s) or plan is best for you. See below a full list of our treatment procedures:
- Back Pain Treatments
- BOTOX® Injections
- Caudal Steroid Injection
- Celiac Plexus Block
- Cervical Steroid Injection
- Continuous Catheter Nerve Blocks
- Disc Denervation
Special Chronic Pain Programs
As part of our pain treatments and procedures, some patient’s may qualify for the Center of Excellence*, where all medical treatment is integrated, within a single location, using a Multidisciplinary Pain Program approach. This unique Multidisciplinary Pain Program is made up of four departments: Medical Department, Behavioral Department, Physical Reconditioning Department and Alternative Care Department. Within each of these departments we have passionate and board-certified doctors and disciplines ranging from Pain Doctors, Nurses, Clinical Psychologists, Clinical Psychiatrists, Naturopathic Doctors, Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, Physical Therapists, Yoga instructors, Tai Chi instructors and so much more (learn more about our staff). *Patients must qualify for this program, which will be discussed during the first consultation.
What does this mean for a chronic pain patient?
This means that a patient will go through each of these four departments to see which treatment styles or disciplines are most effective in treating their chronic pain. This model integrates the four departments and creates a customized treatment plan for chronic pain patients.
Does this mean as a new patient I will get a customized treatment plan, specifically for me?
Yes! If you qualify for this program, our doctors will work with you and create a customized treatment plan specifically for your chronic pain. These customized treatment plans are fine-tuned to you, continuously improved upon, and monitored to best fit your care plan.
- Initial evaluation and diagnostic workup
- Selection of an appropriate treatment algorithm
- Coordination with other modalities
- Medication Management
- Interventional treatments (i.e., injections)
- Address psychosocial aspects of patient care
- Opioid Risk Assessment
- Support Groups (Fibromyalgia, Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Stress Management Training
- Relaxation, Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Alternative Care Department
- Chiropractic Care
- Naturopathic / Homeopathic Treatments
- Infusion Therapy
- Nutritional counseling and treatment
- Acupuncture / Chinese Medicine
Physical Reconditioning Department
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment (OMT)
- Physical Therapy (PT)
- Occupational Therapy (OT)
- Passive modalities (i.e., Ultrasound, Electrical Stimulation, Massage)
- Stretching and Core Strengthening Programs
- Energy work
- Active treatments
- Tai Chi